It was 16hrs direct flight from Doha, but they gave us 5hrs 45mins rest. We arrived in Renaissance Hotel around 17:30 similar to arrival time whenever I have Washington & New York flight, but Houston layover is longer stay! 2nights/3days! Sarap mag inter-state! Knowing Vegas is just around 2hrs away & Miami is just an hour away! (Via plane.)
Since Houston is the newest destination of Qatar Airways, I might as well share these infos…
· There’s no public transpo available around the area. Puro lang for hire Limo & shuttle bus. (The best parin maging commuter sa Washington/Virginia)
· There’s a food court located in the ground floor inside the hotel pero exagge ang closing time ha! 2:30pm Close na! Pati Starbucks close narin! Pag weekend Close din!
· Since mahilig ako mag grocery because my pantry should always be fully stocked coz I don’t cook, isa nnman itong magastos na layover, dahil kung ang Virginia ay may 24hrs walking distance na Harris Teeter or Target Supermarket while New York has 24hrs din na Duane Reade or CVS Pharmacy/Supermarket or K-mart. Houston naman has Kroger Supermarket located just in front of the hotel!
· There’s ATM Machine located in the Ground floor.
· Free wired Internet connection – Same as in New York wherein you’re being asked to sign in with your name & room number but they will remove the charge when you checked out. Wifi is only available in the lobby.
· Meron dun Much talk about NASA Space Station it will cost you $60 to go there by tour 9-1pm, but I suggest If you already went to National Air & Space Museum in DC. No need to go there kasi pareho lang ang makikita. (View it here)
· Free USA Today Newspaper! Gusto ko lang I-mention.. Hehe! sa IAD & JFK kc wala…
· The best parin ang sales tax ng Virginia 4.something lang… Eh dito 8.something parang N.Y but in Fairness, meron silang Tax Refund parang sa Europe! Pero Hello!? As if naman may time ka pa mag refund sa airport… If delayed departure cgro…
· As I was watching CNN, I noticed there’s QR short Commercial every 5-10mins!
· Qatar Airways’ huge Promotional Tarpaulins are scattered all over Galleria Mall, pati sa elevator, Ice Skating rink at food court.
*** Hope this helps.., Add nlng ako ulit ng info next week coz April 15-18, I’ll be in Houston, Texas again.
*** Pictures can be found here